Refunds And Complaints
- Credit Card – Amex (2% surcharge applicable), Master Card and Visa accepted
- Direct deposit banking
- Cash prior to course start
- Silver Spirit Cruises Pty Ltd trading as Maritime Training School will maintain a tuition assurance scheme to safeguard students in the event of it becoming insolvent and unable to return fees that have been paid in advance. The tuition assurance scheme will source similar training to allow the effected participants under this condition to complete their studies without further financial burden. However if the student cannot be placed, the tuition assurance will make refunds.
- Students must be at least 12 years old to attend the boat license course and must have a parent or guardian at registration
- In some cases students may be able to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning if they have previously achieved the learning outcomes for an accredited unit/s. Further information is available in the student handbook provided on the webpage for the relevant qualification.
- Disclaimer: Brochures in the marketplace may contain aged prices. Training costs may change without notice.
- In the severe weather conditions training times and dates may vary.
Refund Policy Extract
Short courses (General Boat Licence and Personal Watercraft Course)
- Students must provide two (2) days’ notice if they do not intend to attend a course, or would like to transfer to another course and should they fail to give such notice they are liable for the full course fee.
- No refund will be made to the student who cancels or withdraws from the training without providing 2 day’s notice unless there are valid reasons based on compassionate situations such as accidents, sickness and bereavement.
- MTS reserves the right to fully claim any fees paid if a student gives incomplete or false information during enrolment; if a student’s enrolment has to be cancelled because of disciplinary reasons; or if a student leaves the School without notice.
- MTS reserves the right to charge a $20 administration fee per refund to cover accounting costs.
- MTS will only provide 3 course transfers to students without charge. If a student wishes to transfer the course date for a fourth time, they are required to pay the full enrolment fee.