Learn about the different types of marine radios, EPIRB and more. Upon completion of our course you will obtain a nationally recognised Marine Radio Licence.
What our students have said...
"Just did the Marine Radio License with Chris as the instructor. Wow what a wealth of knowledge he has! I love doing the course on your boat the Silver Spirit, it adds that sense of nautical realism."
In our Marine Radio Course, you will learn about the different types of marine radios, EPIRB and more. Upon completion of our course you will obtain a nationally recognised Marine Radio Licence.
We offer this course in 2 easy formats:
Online or Face-to-face (classroom based)
Both our face-to-face and online Marine Radio courses cover:
- Radio propagation – frequency
- Maritime communications, coast radio and limited coast stations
- Major parts of radio equipment
- VHF marine repeaters
- Stations for marine communications
- Operator requirements
- Operating procedures
- Routine calling procedures
- Distress calling procedures
- Digital selective calling (DSC)
- Emergency positioning indicating radio beacons (EPIRBs)
- Methods of detection and location
- Search and rescue transponders (SARTs) and more
The AMCA also has 2 videos on the internet for you to view for further information. Click here to view them:
Want to do it online? Click here
Already know about marine radios and just need to do the exam? We can help! We can provide online exams for you to complete in our office. Contact us on 1800 144 296 for further information or to make an appointment!
Maritime Training School students who have already completed a course with us are eligible to receive a discount of $25 off the cost of the Marine Radio course! Call us on 1800 144 296 to enrol now!